<VV> Re: washers(running engines on bench)

N2VZD@aol.com N2VZD@aol.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 05:32:51 EDT

you need more support than just at the bolts on the starter, i broke a
starter nose that way a long time ago, so went to the trouble of cutting the starter
mount area off a broken differential case. i suppose even a piece of wood cut
to shape and hole cut with hole saw would be ok. i have a lead on my setup
with a clip on the end to go to coil positive.  i like running any engines i
have built or worked on on the bench.  then when i put them in the car everythibg
is dialed in.  easier to adjust valves, carbs, and distributors on the bench.
sometimes i even put a crossover on and hang a muffler on a piece of right
angle pipe.my bench has 6 burn marks from running with no manifolds.... i have
pictures somewhere, maybe even at the website.     regards tim colson