<VV> fuel/air mix theory

chris czepyha thegeek2@juno.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 12:51:23 -0400

The question:
How do I know how and why to adjust the fuel air mix?  Its set to turns
out from lightly seated.

What I just did.
Ok, I am tinkering with my 65...before tackling my wifes 63 that runs,
but not as nice as it should.

Made the fake unisync tool from the beginners book.

Line between gauge/va and each carb.  RPM steady at 900.  Turned the
drivers side carb linkage until the change was about 1.5-2.  The
difference seems to stay the same at speed.  But the engine is running
more smoothly.

Car hot.

In gear:
        no va at idle.
        Tach bounces between 550-625.  I have the gauge connected to
ground and the distributor side of the coil.
        Increase RPM and the va operates.

Obviously its not smooth, if I turn up the idle it stra

Thanks to all.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!