<VV> Dream engine...

Mark Chapman chapmanmd@charter.net
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 16:08:16 -0500

--snip--
> See, now, that would be YOUR dream engine - not mine.
>
> I'd want more everyday use out of mine.  Mine would love to go autocrossing and be competitive at it, but not be so lumpy at idle that I'd be > embarrassed at red lights.  Oh, I've already got that!  GREAT!

Youre absolutely right, this is MY dream engine... You busted me... Besides, I have the 67 Monza 110/4 coupe up and running now and my father is finally ready to let go of, to me, his prized, one owner (him) 63 Spyder with 19455 meticulously maintained miles that may fall into the occasional driver category...

Im trying to get some ideas from you guys on where to start with this thing (the 66 vert with the completely finished body). I have a decent start to a good 140 engine and I have a complete 180/4 drivetrain. This is my "midlife crisis, no holds barred, completely impractical but so damned fun that you cant stand it" mobile. Ive "been there done that" with the Porsche and other European car thing. I just want something that I can occasionally cruise in, but will use it mainly at Gateway on DE Saturdays.

Go nuts guys. Tell me what you would do with this thing.

Yup JR, you busted me... And someone else already informed me that it was a "hypothetical" question, not a "theoretical" one. I tried... My poor use of the English language and I apologize.

Mark Chapman