<VV> fuel/air mix theory

christopher d czepyha thegeek2@juno.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 20:41:14 -0400

Is this normal?

Since I forgot the instructions sethracer so nicely gave me at the other
computer, I decided to play.

Using the relative vacume tester I set the vacume to be almost exact on
both carbs.

Then I tried tuning the fuel idle mix.  Drivers side, nothing other than
completely out would change a thing.

Two turns out was about right on the right carb.  Maybe 1/8 turn out and
the idle speed picked up.

This was done with the car at idle, out of gear, vacume lines connected
correctly.

I had the air filter assembly off.  I did notice quite a bit of gas
smelling smoke.  It went away as I reved the engine.

Thanks to all.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!