<VV> Caked on Exhaust Donuts

Corvair72387@cinci.rr.com Corvair72387@cinci.rr.com
Tue, 27 Jul 2004 22:32:11 -0400

Hi all,
                I am putting some flowmasters on my 63 spyder (140 in her) and
i was replacing the exhaust donuts on the exhaust tubes coming out of the
cylinder heads. It seems they have never been replaced before. I got all off
but one. It broke in half while i tried getting it off. So now half of it is
stuck on the tube. I tried using a chisel and hammer but havent been having
much luck with it. It is really caked on there. Any ideas, tips, suggestions
for getting the rest of this donut off. Thanks in advance.

                                                   Nick

                                          63 Spyder

                                          65 Monza