<VV> Corvair Diff Leak

BobHelt@aol.com BobHelt@aol.com
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 12:14:23 EDT

In a message dated 7/28/04 7:32:38 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
lambchop@wctc.net writes:

> I have  a 64 Monza convert with a diff leak at the vent on top cover. Seems
> leak at highway speeds..55-60 MPH. It's PG set up

Hi Roy,
As I remember, there were two different top diff covers, each with a
different location of the breather. You might try swaping your top cover with one
having the breather in a different location. Also it is possible (but not likely)
that your breather is somehow damaged. In any case, you will probably have the
drop (or lower) the diff to get at the cover.

I'm assuming that you have the correct weight gear lube in the diff. Use
80W90 multipurpose or 75W90 Synthetic.

What did you do at Chevrolet? Do you have any Corvair stories to share?
Regards,
Bob Helt