<VV> Re: Emergency Car Care Kit

dongerick1@juno.com dongerick1@juno.com
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:04:11 -0500

Changing an axle on an early on the road is not hard if you have
previously removed the yoke and used anti-seize when reassembling it.
You also need to have a yoke puller to get it off.

I carried a spare axle in my 60 for several years and never had to use
it.  I did the same with the greenbrier that I had.  The only failure on
the road with the greenbrier was the yoke that stripped out.   That could
have been replaced easily if I had carried a spare.
DonE