<VV> Re: Dream Engine

Tareece@aol.com Tareece@aol.com
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 15:01:44 EDT

Ok fellas...and fellettes...
    One person has said a idea proposed in this experiment was describing a
Porsche 911 engine...Well my question is--- has anyone ever tried the venerable
engine in a Corvair body? I know there are conversions for corvair engines in
VW bodies, but don't recall ever seeing a 911 conversion IN a Corvair bodied
auto..
   What yr 911 would best lend itself to that type conversion? What cost for
a 911 engine? What would be the overall cost?
    Personally, I can't think of a better expression as the ultimate in terms
of 'what could have been'. Imagine, the pinnacle production aircooled engine
combined with what was described as the most gorgeous car built since WW2....
    Oh well, I'll await the dreaded "Won't work..hate ta bust yer bubble...."
   BTW I don't think I've seen a used 911 engine in the classfieds
lately.....darn
In a message dated 7/28/2004 10:25:33 AM Eastern Standard Time,