<VV> Pinion Gears

airvair airvair@richnet.net
Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:53:03 -0400

All I can say is that I once broke the spider gears in the diff of my
140 4-speed '69 just by driving to Cincinnati. Go figure. While this has
been the only Corvair I've done that to in 30+ years of driving them,
it's also the only 140 I've driven extensively. Every other Corvair I've
driven extensively was a 110 or lesser HP.

Personally, I'd say that it would be good insurance with anything over
110 horsepower.

-Mark