<VV> The big switcheroo

AeroNed@aol.com AeroNed@aol.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 00:00:12 EDT

Well, the big switch is coming to an end. Just a few items remain and then
the car will be on the road. We still have to install the steering wheel, bleed
the brakes and adjust the front toe in (new NOS quick steering was installed).
It should be leaving Group Red status tomorrow.

An interesting thing happened tonight that I thought you might enjoy or learn
from (I'll bet that many of you will say duh). We went to start the car but
nothing happened. After a little checking we found there was voltage to the
ignition switch on the starter circuit but it got lost between the switch and the
connector to the rear of the car. The fuse box harness was one of the few
thing that wasn't changed so it was a bit confusing. We were going to swap out
the purple starter wire from the switch to the connector. Went to the harness
box (Terry has lots of extra ULTRA parts around) and found the harness we
needed. It even came out of another powerglide car (a BIG hint). As I followed the
purple wire, I came to a strange connector between the switch and the
connector. Terry started to laugh and said that we needed to short across the neutral
saftey switch connector.

Once that was accomplished, the car started and ran just fine. I learned
something today, and it only took about an hour.

Ned Madsen
1965/6 Corvair Monza/Corsa 140 (soon to have AC)
CORSA Member since 2000
Mid Continent Corvair Association - President