<VV> Toronado FWD "experiment failed"????

Phil Brandt f111a@austin.rr.com
Thu, 29 Jul 2004 17:40:46 -0500

In addition to having owned 18 Corvairs since 1966, I also restore and drive
Generation I Toronados (four of 'em currently), and I could not disagree more
strongly. What, exactly, failed experiment are you talking about?  My sleek,
powerful Toros--a carload of high school kids gave my teacher wife's '69 Toro
the ultimate compliment in traffic a few years ago, yelling, "NICE car,
man!"--cruise smoothly and effortlessly at 100MPH+ (my '68's good for 125 MPH
indicated!).  You don't have to worry about the TH425 tranny self-destructing,
either, as pre-Saginaw Vair owners do.  I'll agree that the 425s/455s do chug
the gasoline, but if you have to worry about feeding Sixties/Seventies cars,
you shouldn't be collecting them......

Phil Brandt
Austin, TX
CORSA member since 1971