<VV> Communique Policy questioned

James Dallas BEC176@msn.com
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 06:57:06 -0500

Mark, I'm confused.  Where is it expressed that he has the right to do so
anonymously?   Everybody has the right to free speech, but sometimes there are
consequences for their actions.

Jim Dallas

----- Original Message -----
  From: airvair
  To: BobHelt@aol.com
  Cc: carmerjr@mindspring.com ; lonwall@corvairunderground.com ;
"CC:virt????????????? ; virtualvairs@corvair.org
  Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 9:38 PM
  Subject: Re: <VV> Communique Policy questioned

  Often local papers have a policy to allow "name withheld by request"
  letters, and for good reason. The letter writer has to live in that
  community, and sometimes expressing an unpopular idea will result in
  unwanted and sometimes vicious reprisals. Not everyone subscribes to the
  founding father's quote of "I disagree with what you say, but I will
  defend to the death your right to say it."

  Flame me if you will, but those who want to remain anonomous when
  expressing an unpopular idea ought to have that option. And we should
  respect their right to do so.

  -Mark