<VV> prkg. brake rls. handle

Wrsssatty@aol.com Wrsssatty@aol.com
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:42:45 EDT

< I wonder what inspired Chevrolet to endow the
Corvair with such an . . . individualistic parking brake. Why not the other
Chevys?>

Actually, I think it was lifted from earlier Chevys, I think from the early
fifties.  Remember, that was not the original parking brake handle design.  The
very first Corvairs had some funky parking brake release mechanism that I've
only read about and, frankly, can't say that I understand from the
description.  My point being that for whatever reason, they were "shopping around" for a
better idea at the last minute so a dip into the parts bin makes sense.

Bill Stanley