<VV> Communique Policy questioned

Robert Marlow nortechcorp@optonline.net
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 09:54:07 -0400

Calm down, gang.  While I can't speak for Mike-n-Harry, I can guess that
they employed in this case the same tests that general-circulation
newspaper and magazine publishers employ:

If the letter writer provides no verifiable name and address, the letter
goes directly to the trash.

If the letter writer signs his/her name but requests that the name be
withheld if the letter is published, the letter is considered for publication.

If the letter is then deemed suitable for publication, the writer's
identity is confirmed to ensure that it is not a hoax, pseudonym, or false
address.

So, in this case, while you may feel some sense of frustration because this
person has expressed his/her views without choosing to be publicly
identified, it is my assumption that you can at least be confident that it
came from a verified CORSA member in good standing, not some disgruntled
nonmember.

--Bob

Robert W. Marlow
nortechcorp@optonline.net