<VV> Crazy Names for Corvairs (Humor)

Derek Archer eggman@owt.com
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 07:36:36 -0700

  Over the last few years since I have had corvairs as my main hobby, I
have come across people who know exactly what they are, and people who
have absolutely no clue. I have two early models, but one time I was
showing some friends  pictures of  late models online at school before
they had seen either of mine. One guy said, "That's a funny lookin'
Camaro." I chuckled to myself. Another person said, "Isn't that the car
that Ralph Nader had banned?" Now I got kind of snippy and said, "No
car has ever been banned from american roads." And then I went into the
government exoneration and all that jazz. Finally, one person thought
that the late model corvair looked like an MG!! Needless to say, he is
a bit out of touch with the world automobile scene...