<VV> Ceramic Engine Coatings

Corvair72387@cinci.rr.com Corvair72387@cinci.rr.com
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 19:13:18 -0400

Hi All,
                There was some talk about the cost of ceramic coatings for
pistons, valves, and combustion chambers. Well I looking through my hot rod
magazines and in the June 2004 issue, there is an article about engine
coatings. THey show you how you can apply them at home. It looks actually
pretty easy. All you have to do is make sure the surface is clean and that
they bake in the oven long enough to cure. They got their coatings from
www.techlinecoatings.com. They used thermal barrier coatings and friction
coatings. The cost for 3 oz. of the thermal barrier coating ( CBC 1 ) was
29.95. Hope this helps for anyone who is curious about them.

                                                       Nick Gier

                                                       63 Spyder

                                                       65 Monza