<VV> Crashed IN Box

Tony Underwood tonyu@roava.net
Fri, 30 Jul 2004 22:34:14 -0700

At 05:05 hours 07/30/2004 -0700, Eric S. Eberhard wrote:
>Interesting ... I use Eudora and have for a decade and never had a
>problem.  Of course I was on Win 98 and jumped to XP Pro so I have not
>tried 2000 Pro.  FYI, what I read tells me that XP Pro is way more stable
>than 2000 Pro.

It's my understanding that XP is built upon the 2000 platform (so to speak)
and to date I've never had any problems, rock solid.   Not sure what
happened with the IN box other than maybe when I'd closed the mail reader
it somehow goofed when collapsing and compacting the mail box.      In any
event, I'm gonna stick with the 2kpro and Eudora Pro as well, since after
digging around it's become evident that the busted mailbox wasn't the fault
of either the OS or the mail handler but a bad spot on the HDD that has
since been marked and locked (hey it's the laptop and it gets banged around
a lot).

>The main advantage of Eudora (besides being a much nicer program) is that
>it is much much much less prone to virus attacks.  I would recommend anyone
>with virus problems switch.

Oh yes...  and with AVG which does scan through Eudora nothing gets by me.
 Works good.    Not even embedded scripts sneak by.

And I'm ticked that a few posts with web sites I wanted to check out got
eaten...

tony..