<VV> trivia

James Dallas BEC176@msn.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 09:50:36 -0500

Then we need to shorten the list to 14 as my spyder does not have a Torque
Converter.

Jim Dallas
3 of a kind "63 Verts"
MCCA
CORSA
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: vairologist@juno.com
  To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
  Sent: Saturday, July 31, 2004 9:38 AM
  Subject: <VV> trivia

  Parts Trivia
  Smitty says:  In my short sightedness early this week I posted to Bill
  that I thought there was only one part that stood the test of time and
  stayed exactly the same and was used on all Corvairs from first to last.
  Since then a lot of water has flowed and a lot of posts have been made
  and the number now stands at 15.  I would welcome additions or deletions
  from the list but if you offer change, come with your guns loaded.
  Please respect the narrow confines of the criteria as stated below.
  Parts which were installed on every Corvair built from the first through
  the last, including FCs, which stayed exactly the same through the years.
   Excluding consumable items such as fan belt, oil filter, gaskets,
  hardware (nuts and bolts).  In other words, actual car parts.  If a
  fastner is so special it was designed specifically for the Corvair, it is
  allowed.
          Not allowed for instance would be coils because as produced the
  Spyder used a special one.  Also rocker arms because the 140s used a
  different ratio.  Even though every stick shift made used the same pilot
  bushing, the automatic didn't have one, so- Not allowed.
  1.  Idler casting (not the pulley)
  2.  Pushrods
  3.  Pushrod tubes
  4.  Oil cooler adapter
  5.  Stainless ring around sealed beams
  6.  Cam gear and washer
  7.  Head studs
  8.  Distributor driven gear
  9.  Crank oil slinger
  10. Oil pump Gears
  11. Differential bearings
  12. Torque converters
  13. The entire PG with the exception of the 65 valve body change and the
  governor
  14. Fuel pump lock bolt
  15. Oil filter bolt