<VV> Re: Trivia

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Sat, 31 Jul 2004 13:18:41 -0400

Smitty says:
   I would welcome additions or deletions from the list but if you offer
change, come with your guns loaded.  Please respect the narrow confines
of the criteria as stated below. Parts which were installed on every
Corvair built from the first through the last, including FCs, which
stayed exactly the same through the
> years. Excluding consumable items such as fan belt, oil filter,
gaskets, hardware (nuts and bolts).  In other words, actual car parts.
If a fastner is so special it was designed specifically for the Corvair,
it is allowed.
         Not allowed for instance would be coils because as produced the
Spyder used a special one.  Also rocker arms because the 140s used a
different ratio.  Even though every stick shift made used the same
 pilot bushing, the automatic didn't have one, so- Not allowed.
        Already the list has taken some valid hits.  We have to delete
the PG and torque converter because rumor has it that some stick shifts
didn't have any.  In their place we offer the spider gears and the air
deflectors under the cylinders (with their clips).