<VV> More About Early Throwout Bearings

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 19:12:32 EDT

If you installed a stepped flywheel and a bent-finger pressure plate, you
need the shorter t/o bearing.  My GM catalog lists the short one at 1 7/32 aka ND
HCT 24Kand 908093

If you installed a flat flywheel and a flat finger pressure plate, you need
the longer t/o bearing.  The GM catalog lists the longer one at 1 21/64"
(approx.1 5/16) aka ND CT 24H and 907052.

Both of these bearings are commonly available, AFIK

What bearing number did you purchase?
<snip>
I am still a little confused as to whether or not I bought the correct t/o
bearing for my conversion of a 1963 Greenbrier to a 4 speed.
According to the Clarks catalog, the height listed in the shop manual is 1
7/8 inch.  The replacement is listed at 1 5/16 inch.  That is a difference
of 9/16 inch.  That seems like alot to me. The one I bought is 1 5/16 inch
tall.
Is any vendor out there selling a t/o bearing that is 1 7/8 inch tall?
Charles <unsnip>