<VV> Matching Engine Numbers

Kent Sullivan kentsu@corvairkid.com
Mon, 31 May 2004 16:23:53 -0700

Hi,

Good discussion. I am in the thick of decoding Fisher Body tags and have a
passion for stock cars but I would never want things to go as far as they
have with 'vettes. I think it's unlikely to happen unless the Corvair's
value becomes much higher. We are blessed to have fun cars that don't
attract the people who are looking for investments first and cars second.
Bill hit the nail on the head of why it's fun for me to find out what is
correct even if I don't want it to show up on a concours judging sheet.

I'm also not too worried about the "disease" spreading beyond a few of us
self-labeled nuts because the number of people who bother to restore a car
to try to compete in the factory stock classes is very small. As Bill said,
we are fortunate to have a concours that is NOT all about stock; it's
primarily about cleanliness and attractiveness. Hyper-stockness only matters
in two of the classes.

--Kent