<VV> Matching Engine Numbers

Russ Moorhouse corvair65@verizon.net
Mon, 31 May 2004 22:47:28 -0400

Different strokes for different folks.  I know plenty of people who have
classic Corvettes and they just restore them to suit themselves and they
enjoy driving then.  Still others are anal about their restoration of their
cars to authentic.  It's that way in every collectable car group, even
Corvairs.

Personally I would love to find a Corvair person who is anal about matching
numbers and would like to have an all original '65 Corsa with a lot of
original; options to restore.  I would consider selling mine to such a
person.  One who would really appreciate it and had the money, space, time
and knowledge to restore it properly.  I'll probably never get around to
doing this car the way it should be and that's a shame

Russ Moorhouse
'65 Corsa coupe 140 HP
Group Corvair Member
Kent Island, MD

---Snip -- Original Message ---

However, if we aren't careful, we could end up using this knowledge to hurt
ourselves and others.  In the Corvette world, if you install ANYTHING that
isn't
on the body tag, that item becomes a zero-point value.  Forget your AM-FM
multiplex, quick steering, deluxe belts, and any other thing that isn't on
the
tag. Color change?  Interior change?  Engine swap (even identical year) No
way.
If you purchase a replacement 140 head you can't just go by the correct part
number, you will have to find one with the right casting date (+/- a few
DAYS)
and you will have to buy in pairs.  I don't want this for our Corvair world.
don't think many would sign up for this insanity if they had any idea where
it could lead.  Am I alone on this?
Craig Nicol