<VV> alternate ignition systems

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:43:45 -0400

What are you doing with the car that you actually need a better ignition system than a Pertronix?

In my opinion, a well put together ignition system (Pertronix igition and coil, Seth's wires, quality cap and rotor like from The Source, and a $6 set of
Bosch W8AC plugs) is MORE ignition than any street driven Corvair could ever need.

And if you really need a rev limiter, knock sensor, etc... (like maybe for a really hot turbo you're trying to run on the street in pump gas) then I'd
recommend a Saefgard from Ray Sedman at http://www.american-pi.com/.

There are lots of other places I'd upgrade first! (Quality tires, shocks, bushings , brake hoses, brake shoes, etc, etc...)

Just my $0.02...

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD