<VV> No tail lights

Charles Morgan charliemorgan@comcast.net
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 10:03:59 -0700

Kirk, the first thing I would check is to make sure that the sockets are
wired correctly.  It's easy to get the wires backward when installing a
replacement socket since the wire colors don't correspond.  A stock socket
has a plastic orientation tang that fits in the housing notch and faces
forward when installed.  With the socket installed with the tang forward,
the two brown wires on the driver-side should end up on the left side of
the socket and the black/yellow wire on the right.  On the passenger-side
the single brown wire should end up on the left and the dark green wire on
the right.

Charlie Morgan
Beaver State Corvairs