<VV> alternate ignition systems

Jim Thomas b74eqcm@hotmail.com
Tue, 01 Jun 2004 15:32:24 -0400

Well, Bill;

I'm not having any problems with the pertronix setup, with a high output
coil, Seth's wires, and Boschplugs. It works well for me.

I just saw this new system, and was curious if anyone had tried it and how
it worked.

I thought it would be a better thread than one about polit*cs.

:)

Jim Thomas

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com>
To: "Jim Thomas" <b74eqcm@hotmail.com>,"virtualvairs@corvair.org"
<virtualvairs@corvair.org>
Subject: Re: <VV> alternate ignition systems
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2004 12:43:45 -0400

What are you doing with the car that you actually need a better ignition
system than a Pertronix?

In my opinion, a well put together ignition system (Pertronix igition and
coil, Seth's wires, quality cap and rotor like from The Source, and a $6 set
of
Bosch W8AC plugs) is MORE ignition than any street driven Corvair could ever
need.

And if you really need a rev limiter, knock sensor, etc... (like maybe for a
really hot turbo you're trying to run on the street in pump gas) then I'd
recommend a Saefgard from Ray Sedman at http://www.american-pi.com/.

There are lots of other places I'd upgrade first! (Quality tires, shocks,
bushings , brake hoses, brake shoes, etc, etc...)

Just my $0.02...

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD

Learn to simplify your finances and your life in Streamline Your Life from
MSN Money. http://special.msn.com/money/0405streamline.armx