<VV> A/C

Rusty Rose vairboy2001@yahoo.com
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 09:59:28 -0700 (PDT)

Comments within...

------------------------
From: "N. Joseph Potts" <pottsf@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 30 May 2004 12:39:44 -0400

>I have no experience of the 1965 condenser, but in
order to install a 1966-style condenser, you will have
to evacuate and recharge the refrigerant circuit of
your system. This requires a lot of specialized skills
and equipment. If my system, with 65-style consender,
were working, I think I would NOT intervene until it
became necessary for other reasons (e.g.,compressor
failure) to evacuate and recharge the system.

...I tend to agree... if your system is charged and
working, I'd be hard pressed to mess with it.

<snip>
>If I were you, I think I WOULD acquire a 1966
condenser for installation when it is necessary for
other reasons to open the refrigeration circuit.

...As part of the complete A/C kits I'll be rolling
out at this year's convention, a new '66-67 condenser
repro is part of it.  If you had a perfectly running
stock '66-67 with R-12 and converted to R-134, you
would see about a 5 degree dip in performance (for
many reasons we won't go into here).  Our new repro
has been recircuited to get that 5 degrees back using
R-134 (I'm working on the details and test data of why
this is to post to our new website soon for those that
like to know "why"!).  It also uses modern O-ring
fittings... other than that, it is a dead ringer on
looks.  As a side note, it works fine with R-12 as
well.  For 2004, they are on sale for a flat $150
(will be $189.95) and can be ordered at the convention
or online in a couple of weeks.

>I think at such time, I'd also seriously consider
replacing the compressor with a Sanden-type compressor
(requires different mounting bracket). That change to
the 66-style condenser, however, should be VERY
rewarding on a go-forward basis.
Joe Potts

...I agree here to, but only if your A-6 is not
working.  Even though I sell the Sandens and brackets,
there is nothing "wrong" with a good working A6.  The
Sanden weighs much less and puts less load on your
engine.  Most A6 leak (shaft seals) over time.  We can
rebuild your A6 if you want.

=====
Rusty Rose
www.rustysonline.com