<VV> 1965 Corvair For Sale (Project Car-Work Needed) - More Info

John Sconiers jsconiers@mac.com
Thu, 03 Jun 2004 12:01:44 -0500

I have a 1965 Chevy Corvair 140HP / 4 speed in good condition. I recently bought this vehicle to take the 140HP engine and 4 speed trans out and place into my other 67 corvair vert.  I'm looking to sell the vehicle to someone who's interested in a restore. All origional! I have the origional title that was given at the time of purchase (december, 64). Has the origional monza hubcaps all in good condition, has all hardware, etc. Only needs Sand blasting (acid diping), paint, new clark carpet, seat upholstery, battery, muffler, and ignition key.  This car is in excellent mechanical condition. Everything on the car works! The dash, lights, engine trans, radio, etc. I actually drove the car around town to get a feel for the car.  The exterior is below average condition. This is the worst part abot the car. As you can see in the picture the car is starting to show rust. the good news is that this is mostly surface rust (not holes in the car rust) and can be easily taken care of. The rockers, engine compartment, etc are in good condition.  Bumper missing in picture is in trunk.  The interior is in good condition. The dash is perfect condtion. The carpet and seats can be cleaned or replaced (I would replace as it would be cheaper through clarks to buy the carpet and restore the seats.) Origional radio (AM with FM switch) and other hard to find parts and options are there.  As I said I currently intend on removing the engine from the vehicle and placing it into my 67.  So I would prefer to sell the car without the engine.  For a price I could leave the 140 in.  Basically I'm selling to pay for the engine removal / installation , performance parts, etc.  Might be willing to do a trade.  I can take more pictures at your request. Pics located here :

http://homepage.mac.com/jsconiers/PhotoAlbum2.html

Located in 10 mile west of chicago and willing to ship.