<VV> Battery Tender

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Thu, 3 Jun 2004 16:08:27 EDT

For those of you not familiar with these devices, these are not the
same as a simple battery charger that keeps on charging. These shut off
and monitor the charge. They are designed, not so much to charge a dead
battery, but to maintain one. They seem to be ideal for maintaining
batteries that are seldom used. They are not cheap; mine was $49.99 at
Northern.

Bruce

Many of us cannot imagine what you're talking about! gggg

We all bought the same thing for  $1.99 ....30 yrs. ago....or made one for
$1.14  plus labor!

A 1 amp TRICKLE charger never needs to shut off.......nor does it ever
overcharge a battery.....

simple physics!

Reminds me of the time when Facility Eng.  wanted to spend $80k  for a
"timebased"  Kilowatt control for a generator....they sited the antique equipment it
would replace...complete with a remark about the "pencil" marks on the
rheostat [ dial]...

I then produced the digital record to show  how the generator did EXACTLY
what they wanted to do.....when the knob was set to the Pencil Mark!!!   AH!
progress!  ggg

Matt