<VV> Carb jets

Dennis & Debbie Pleau ddpleau@earthlink.net
Thu, 03 Jun 2004 20:44:38 -0500

First question is what elevation do you live at.  I ran significantly
different jetting when I lived in Silly Corn Valley, 10' above sea level,
than I did when I lived in Albuquerque, 5000' and had to change again when
I moved just out side of Colorado Springs 7500'.  I have 50 in the
primaries, an 52s in the secondaries now.  Me thinks you are lean on the
primaries and about right on the secondaries.  I do like big jets in the
secondaries.  Many other don't.

If you can get your primaries to WOT, your bell crank is adjusted
right.  It's just a simple adjustment of the secondary linkage.  Block the
petal to the floor, and make sure primaries are all the way open, then
adjust the secondary linkage so the secondaries are also at WOT.

It also sounds like your secondaries may be varnished up and not flowing
much fuel.

dp
Former supplier of Corvair throttle linkage