<VV> Oil Pressure Wire

NicolCS@aol.com NicolCS@aol.com
Fri, 4 Jun 2004 11:09:13 EDT

The oil pressure wire goes forward and to the right from the switch then lays
on the rear edge of the top shroud (on the engine block)and travels to the
right.  Once past the belt-idler pulley, it drops down between the distributor
and the sheet metal where it picks up the lead from the head temp switch. It
then connects to the rear body/engine harness in mid-air between the distributor
and the rear body rail. The cloth protects the wire from the heat and oil.
For our purposes, either type of wire is just fine.
Craig Nicol
<snip>
Can somebody tell me what is the proper path for the wire that runs up to
the oil pressure switch?
Any suggestions as to which replacement wiring I should order from Clark's -
braided or regular black wiring?  Mine has the braided now, but it's all
frayed.  Does the braiding serve any purpose?
Russ Moorhouse <unsnip>