<VV> Another reason to keep your Corvair(s)

Mike Ioanes mioanes@woh.rr.com
Sun, 6 Jun 2004 22:43:30 -0400

Seth writes:
 He looked for the keyfob power door lock button, and noticed that,
 since this was a base model truck, it didn't have power locks. No sweat, he
went
  to open the door with the key. There was no lock - or rather, no key hole!
 You  cannot unlock that door from the outside - at least with a key. Chevy
must
 have  saved a dollar on that one. He then walked around the lot and noticed
 many of  the new cars were also missing the passenger side keyhole. Since
about
 70% of  new cars/trucks have the power locks, they felt we didn't need it!
 Arrgh!
First noticed this on a big Buick we rented in Seattle almost 3 years ago.
Thought it was because it was a rental car.
My 2004 Cavalier has manual windows and NO power locks (wish it had power)
BUT I can unlock the passenger side front door with the key.
Mike Ioanes