<VV> Re: Brake line

Larry Forman Larry@Forman.net
Sun, 06 Jun 2004 19:46:14 -0700

At 06:41 AM 6/6/2004 -0400, Paula Tilsley wrote:
>In rebuilding my front brakes, I twisted the line in two at the right
>front double flare connector.  There isn't enough line before the first
>bend to put on a new connector and reflare the tube.  Does anybody have
>any ideas on a splice?  I'm planning a complete hydraulic system rebuild
>(including dual master cylinder) but was hoping to drive the car down to
>the convention before that.
>Mark Tilsley
>65 corsa turbo vert

Hi Mark,
I would just call one of our Corvair vendors who sells new replacement
brake lines.  MUCH better than splicing and more reliable too.  I broke off
a couple of lines also on my latest 65 Monza vert.  The replacement lines
are at least close enough in length to work.  I also purchased one locally
from an auto parts shop that worked also.  Try either and see what
works.  I would not recommend splicing.
-- Larry