<VV> Re: Brake line

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 11:42:20 -0400

Evidently, you hesitate to remove your gas tank, as you must in order to
thread the new line in to its correct, original position.
     So did I, so I can recommend this workaround, which I have been using
for over three years, now.
     Get a new line, around 50 inches long (forget exact length - sorry -
close counts - buy preflared line). Disconnect both ends of the old line and
remove it if you feel like removing it (or leave it in place to guide you
when you install its permanent replacement). Route (bend) your new line from
the distribution block to the wheel hose UNDER and BEHIND the gas tank.
There's plenty of room AND protection for the line.
     DON'T reflare and splice a brake line (or a pressurized fuel line,
either).

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of Paula Tilsley
Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2004 6:42 AM
To: virtualvairs@corvair.org
Subject: <VV> Re: Brake line

Greetings all

In rebuilding my front brakes, I twisted the line in two at the right
front double flare connector.  There isn't enough line before the first
bend to put on a new connector and reflare the tube.  Does anybody have
any ideas on a splice?  I'm planning a complete hydraulic system rebuild
(including dual master cylinder) but was hoping to drive the car down to
the convention before that.

Thanks,

Mark Tilsley
65 corsa turbo vert