<VV> Re: Generator Brushes

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 00:43:16 -0400

> From: christopher d czepyha <thegeek2@juno.com>
 how do I get the springs and brushes to stay in place while I put it
back
> together.
       Smitty says: I assume you are talking about an alternator since it
is a 65 you are working on.  There is a slot about 1/4 wide in the rear
casting of the alternator.  With that casting off the alternator push a
paper clip sized wire through the slot and into the brush holder to hold
the brushes down.  You have to push the brushes down and pin them one at
a time with the same wire.  After the unit is put together, pull the wire
out.