<VV> Replacing bushings on upper A-Arms

VairMech@aol.com VairMech@aol.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:28:45 EDT

In a message dated 6/7/2004 9:20:13 AM Eastern Standard Time,
vairmike@sbcglobal.net writes:

What is  needed to replace the bushings in the upper A-Arms.  Who has
replacement shafts? I replaced my upper arms this weekend with some
other  used ones from my basement stash with anticipation of  replacing
the bushings in the ones off of my car (since they are MUCH  cleaner) and
reinstalling them. When I tried to remove the bolts they both  broke off
on the first one I tried. I am still not sure exactly how these  bushings
are replaced. Any suggestions would be  appreciated.

You need a press and an air hammer and a drill  motor and bit, to drill the
broken bolts, and a couple of special tools to press  the stuff back together,
along with the grade 8 hardware to reassemble  with.
If you have a problem locally let me know as I can  accomplish this for you,
I have parts in stock. It will be a short while before  I start as I am soon
headed for the convention.
Handy Car  Care
Ken Hand
97 Peach