<VV> alternator BRUSH - followup

chris czepyha thegeek2@juno.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:30:56 -0400

Thanks to all.  Like a lot of things, if I just looked and thought it
would have been obvious.

Now the next problem.  The alt/FAN light is comming on.  But it
occasionally goes off.

Checked all the wiring. Its tight.  If I check with a meter.  I am
getting 14.5 to the battery when the car is running.

The history:
I gutted the engine bay to repaint, pictures are forthcomming.

When re-assembling I broke the battery stud off the alternator. I ended
up melting the secondary wire from the battery to the harness.  Burning
my fingers at the time.  Not thinking I removed the insullator to the
stud, and tightened down. Then connected the battery.

I was going to break out the shop manual and test the regulator.

Thanks to all.