<VV> Sizzing carb

chris czepyha thegeek2@juno.com
Mon, 7 Jun 2004 09:38:51 -0400

My drivers side carb sizzels.  Not loud enough that you can hear it with
the lid closed, but very noticible when the car is stopped.

I can see boiling fluid at the base of the carb.  Does not smell.  It was
about 55 and very moist, but not raining.  The other side is fine.

The car started and ran fine for about 6 miles of mostly city driving.

I did notice the air cleaner attachment was off slightly.

I will run it again at lunch to see if it happens again.

This is the first drive since re-working the engine bay.  I did clean the
carbs and fix the float levels.

Thanks to all.

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!