<VV> Re:140 180 costs

UltraMonzaWest@aol.com UltraMonzaWest@aol.com
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 01:42:03 EDT

In a message dated 6/8/2004 9:23:48 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
jsconiers@mac.com writes:

> Sine we're on the subject.  What would be the going price of a complete
> 140 vs 180 (running or not).
>
> JOHN
Boy!  this is a can of worms!    With the term "complete"....you at least
narrow it down....but make it difficult to find...
Then it depends where you live..since shipping increases the total cost...and
supply vs demand comes into play....
Then define "complete"......
Then define "running"..I can disconnect 2 cylinders worth of pushrods and
sell you a quiet running engine....but valve seats run a $100 a hole....
So, you see, it all depends......on a million things...

Pay what you can safely lose...
Drive the engine before you pay big $$
KNOW  what "complete" really is to YOU!

Finally...you and the seller will decide the price!

PS  I always have found it cheaper in SoCal to buy a CAR  with the parts you
want......swapout with what you have...resell what you don't need...your area
may be different.

Remember it's well over $1,000.00 in parts / machine work to just rebuild a
stocker..not counting LABOR / detail work..

Matt