<VV> 140 Valve Seats

GYoungwolf@aol.com GYoungwolf@aol.com
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 07:48:33 EDT

Since 140 seats seem to be one of the criteria for it being better or worse
than a turbo, I need to add that on every dropped seat engine I have worked on
there has been a defective carburetor on the same side, usually a secondary,
and usually with bad float or loose inlet seat. While I certainly have not seen
enough for this to be statistically valid, it is something I recommend
keeping in mind for 140 owners. All that extra fuel being introduced can't be a good
thing.

The Carbmeister

ps. Thanks for the offers on the old AOL - I have one on the way.
pps. Wife is improving rapidly and will probably be released from the
hospital tomorrow. Thanks for all the nice notes and prayers.
<<As for the valve seat problems, I think most people feel that dropped seats
are probably due to engines that don't cool properly. If yours is dirty and
full of rat's nests or something you shouldn't expect it to run forever>>