<VV> Plug Secondaries (140hp only)?

SPYDER62@aol.com SPYDER62@aol.com
Wed, 9 Jun 2004 20:09:39 EDT

In a message dated 6/9/2004 4:50:46 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
bwschug@charter.net writes:
Performance will be smoother since you won't have that "spot" where the
secondaries open. That "spot" is an identifying feature of 140
performance. With fuel injection or anything else I'd miss that slight
hesitation/bog/surge whatever it is.

That spot on my 140 is right at cruse speed and makes it a bear to drive.
Either have to slow down or plant the foot and drive through it, this is my first
140 in 35 years of driving vairs.
 Give me a Turbo anytime, have 2 65's and a 62 right now and have had more in
the past.
 Back in the mid 60's we used to say only one in ten or more Turbos had a
good blower on it, I drove some dogs before I found and bought my first one in 67.
Rich
www.shepswoodncrafts.com
68 Datsun roadster
8 Corvairs