<VV> was VDO Gauges; now head temp gauges

Bill Elliott Bill Elliott" <Corvair@fnader.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:14:31 -0400

My Stinger has an Autometer head temp guage in it.

Uses a pickup from each head... has a switch to check each head individually, OR.... a setting that
automatically shows the higher temp. Works great!

When I ran at VIR a couple of years ago (last time the poor car has seen action... really deserves
somebody that will use it more!) I threw the belt several times (turns out we had a balancer coming
apart) and questioned the accuracy as it looked and smelled a lot hotter than the gauge was
showing. Rob Fike checked it with his non-contact thermometer and showed the gauge to be
extremely accurate.

Bill Elliott
Urbana, MD