<VV> Re: 140 vs 180

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 09:33:35 -0400

> > > From: Macdonald David <dmacd_us@yahoo.com>
> > > Subject: Re: <VV> 140 Valve Seats

> > > My theory is that 140's drop valve seats because they are 140's and
> people buy them because they can drive them hard and do just that.
>  If non-140's spent as much time at WOT they would drop almost as
> many seats.
-----------------------smit-------------------
Smitty says:  Yes I guess you are right.  People don't run turbos hard.
And they don't run them at WOT as long.  After all they have to wait from
time to time, for the 140s to catch up.  (this is almost as much fun as
knowing Earlies are better than Lates).
        Seriously now.  I know one engine doesn't create a trend, but my
first engine in my wagon, retired at 160 thousand miles, and the one that
is in there now with 80 thousand miles run WOT from the time I hit the
highway till the day closes down.  That is hour after hour, week after
week and month after month at 3 to 4,000 rpm, until I return home.  That
is not an exaggeration.