<VV> Re: CONCOURS PHILOSOPHY 101

Norman C. Witte ncwitte@wittelaw.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 10:06:56 -0400

Gary makes a good point.  You really could have two classes:  factory stock,
and "everything else."  Factory stock would be the only class where making
the car conform to a particular standard really matters, and is the place
for the numbers matching crowd to publicly display their obsessive
compulsive behavior.  Everything else would be judged to the same standard
regardless of what it is.  The current system is really a slight tweak from
this, separating classes I would say more for convenience than anything
else.  FWIW, Mark, I have to say that I agree that your car is modified.
I've seen it, I like it, I love the concept, and it's very nice, but it's
not what the factory made, so it's not "stock."  I think you shouldn't care
so much which class it's put in, since you are obviously not going for
factory stock anyway.

Hope to see you there.

Norm