<VV> CONCOURS 101

kovacsmj kovacsmj@sbcglobal.net
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:39:20 -0400

 I guess I'll have to weigh in on the discussion. Like every other
competition there are a set of rules. You decide before you start if you
want to play by the rules. Like in racing, if the car does not fit the
exact formula, you go home or to another class. There is a formula for
everything in the current CORSA rules. I do not always agree with the
rules, or interpretation. Disagreeing only causes stress. The rules have
been changed many times over the years. I have attended several national
Concours and I didn't care what class they decided to put my car in. I
know the quality of the work I put onto it and drive it to shows.

 My car? A '69 Monza modified into a '66 Corsa, modified into a Fitch
Sprint. The VIN says Monza, The title says Chevrolet Fitch. It was built
with bits and pieces. It is again a senior division car since winning
best in show at the '84 nationals, and was the top 6th at the '03
national.

 Show what you accomplished, don't worry about the class, stop tilting
with the windmills, and take home your trophy. You earned it!

 Getting all the information is most of the solution.

MIKE KOVACS