<VV> CONCOURS 101

James Dallas BEC176@msn.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 21:42:40 -0500

What the rules say is the easy part, what the rules don't say is where things
get interesting.

Jim Dallas
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: kovacsmj
  To: Virtualvairs@Corvair. Org
  Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 3:39 PM
  Subject: <VV> CONCOURS 101

  I guess I'll have to weigh in on the discussion. Like every other
  competition there are a set of rules. You decide before you start if you
  want to play by the rules. Like in racing, if the car does not fit the
  exact formula, you go home or to another class. There is a formula for
  everything in the current CORSA rules. I do not always agree with the
  rules, or interpretation. Disagreeing only causes stress. The rules have
  been changed many times over the years. I have attended several national
  Concours and I didn't care what class they decided to put my car in. I
  know the quality of the work I put onto it and drive it to shows.

   My car? A '69 Monza modified into a '66 Corsa, modified into a Fitch
  Sprint. The VIN says Monza, The title says Chevrolet Fitch. It was built
  with bits and pieces. It is again a senior division car since winning
  best in show at the '84 nationals, and was the top 6th at the '03
  national.

   Show what you accomplished, don't worry about the class, stop tilting
  with the windmills, and take home your trophy. You earned it!

   Getting all the information is most of the solution.

  MIKE KOVACS