<VV> Throw-out bearing noise

Ewell Mills emills5@cfl.rr.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:51:23 -0400

I in the last few days reinstalled my power train after having it apart for
several months to rebuild the engine.  I was not having any problems with the
clutch, transmission etc. until I put it back together.  While I had it apart
I replaced the throw-out bearing and pilot bearing.  The clutch disc, pressure
plate, and flywheel looked fine. (Bolted flywheel)  It now makes a very
audible rattling sound when the clutch has the throw-out bearing just touching
the pressure plate.  All the way out or in it makes no noise at all.  The
transmission shifts fine.  It just makes this terrible noise just as the
throw-out bearing contacts the  pressure plate.  It worked fine before.  Any
ideas what I screwed up and what I need to do to fix it?  By the way this is a
67 w/110 engine.  Clutch was working fine before I screwed with it.  Thanks.

Cecil Mills
Cocoa, Fl.