<VV> Head temp - Lft vs Rt (was VDO)

N. Joseph Potts pottsf@msn.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 19:13:22 -0400

This could be an interesting experiment for someone with the needed
instrumentation. I would look for a "flip" effect as air is diverted to the
open side. Less air will flow through the closed side than would with both
sides closed, because more is flowing through the open side. So the
previously "cool" side MAY become substantially hotter.
     Suck it 'n' see!
     And PLEASE report results if you do try it.

Joe Potts
Miami, Florida USA
1966 Corsa coupe 140hp 4-speed with A/C

-----Original Message-----
From: virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org
[mailto:virtualvairs-admin@corvair.org]On Behalf Of J R Read_HML
Sent: Thursday, June 10, 2004 6:35 PM
To: AKG; AeroNed@aol.com; Larry@forman.net; VV
Subject: <VV> Head temp - Lft vs Rt (was VDO)

So, it would seem that most (all?) of the difference is from the oil cooler?
Makes me wonder what would be the effect of having Rt shroud on and Lt
shroud off...   Hmmm...  You could get at least some heat to the heater
(when needed) and still keep the "hot side" cooler - perhaps.

Attachments are scanned with anti-virus software.

Later, JR