<VV> IT'S AAAAAA LLLLIIIIIIIIVE !!!!!

ChiefTAM@aol.com ChiefTAM@aol.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 23:07:52 EDT

Hello all......hope everyone is having fun traveling to the
convention.....unfortunately, I won't be going, BUT.......My 69 Monza  Convertible #3388 lives
again!

Tonight, with much great help from NTCA member Carl Coulter (thank you,
thank you, thank you) we put my 69 Monza 110 back together, with a new set of
piston rings on #4, a new crank bearing, new head gaskets and seals, a helicoil
into the carb stud hole I pulled out (don't use xxxxxx on carb studs, it
doesn't  allow you to torque the studs in right and turns too easy, allowing them
to be  overtightened and pull out!) and waiting for a lifter to pump back  up.
It sounds great!  I put a few miles on it tonight, with the top  down, of
course, and it just purred.  After waiting 7 months to get the car  moved down to
Texas, and 2.5 months finding the time to tear the thing apart to  find out
what was wrong (broken piston rings on #4) and fix them, I am back to  having a
Corvair to drive.  It's Great!

Now, put in the new perimeter seal, put the rear grill back on, wash and
vaccum, and it's done!

Todd Miller
Corvair MN,
Now Dallas Texas and NTCA too!