<VV> Re: The Concours Argument

vairologist@juno.com vairologist@juno.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 09:13:41 -0400

       Smitty says:  Let me stir the pot with an input worth
consideration.  I understand the brass, chrome. and lead ribbon  award
rewards excellence to a certain level.  Good idea.  I also understand
that a person who has busted his tail and deprived his family to get a
score one point higher than some one else, wants (and in my opinion
deserves) recognition for that.  The two are not exclusionary.  Why can't
the guy that gets top score in gold get a nice certificate stating that
his car was scored highest in the gold award category?  Certificate for
2nd and third highest also.
        Seems to me this would be so simple and effective it would
silence 90% of the chatter I have read here concerning the subject.