<VV> Re: VirtualVairs digest, Vol 1 #558 - 12 msgs

Steven J. Serenska corvair@serenska.com
Fri, 11 Jun 2004 10:00:35 -0400

>Probably an error but this article says that GM has on display the last Corvair. Maybe they meant to say that last model year.

Good spot on this one, Scott.  I traced the source of the AP article to:

    http://www.detnews.com/2004/autosinsider/0406/11/b01-180780.htm

There's a bit more detail in the Detroit News article and, while I share
your skepticism, it did get my juices flowing.

By coincidence, I caught the Detroit News in a significant lapse in
fact-checking earlier this week, and fired off a few stern emails to the
article's author and the editors of the business section.  I say this
because their credibility is suspect as far as I'm concerned.

Still, it might be worth it for someone from the Detroit/Sterling
Heights area to go take a spin through the new museum.  Based on the pic
in the article, it would be worth the trip just to see all those cars
anyway.

Steven "naaaah, it can't be" Serenska
'65 Monza Convertible -- driven to work today
'66 Corsa Coupe -- driven to work yesterday